Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Little Comic Relief

For my PRODUCTION AND DESIGN class, we were encouraged to draw a 5 panel comic depicting someone teaching someone(s) else how to to something….I came up with this:

The dialogue is difficult to read so I have translated below.




Panel #1

Engraved on sign: "End of the Road Retirement Home"

Panel #2

Banner reads, "Welcome Cali Swag District"

Mr. Cali Swag: "Today Ima be teaching yaw howta Dougie."

Panel #3

Vern: “Did he say ‘horse and buggy?”

Glenda: “I kew it was muggy. My knee’s been achin’.”

Louise: “Who’s he calling chubby?”

Walter: “I love my snuggie.”

Panel #4

Mr. Cali Swag singing and dancing: “Put your arms out front, lean side to side."

Panel #5

...Confused grand-people.




As my new challenge to learn how to draw endures, I have sought out this magnificent music video for inspiration and encouragement. Take a look, have a listen:

"Take On Me" By A-Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment