Thursday, February 3, 2011

I was brought back to my childhood this week:

The Magic School Bus was on at the gym!

I never realized how diverse Mrs. Frizzle's class is... I mean really they've got it all-- Arnold the Jew, Carlos the Mexican, Keesha the black girl, Wanda Li the Asian, Phoebe the albino, and Janet the bitch.

Our dorm had a fire drill.
In all the chaos, my floor mate, Brooke, grabbed all her jewelry before dashing out of the building (lol) and I scooted out in my Birks.  We were both chastised outside by our neighbors.
  
I had a substitute teacher!
So you know Professor Narnia? Well she had to go to England this week, so a substitute professor was there to press 'play' on the DVD player so we could watch The Crucible.  
(He called his job a "supporting role" and laughed at his own joke for about 3 minutes.)


But before turning the class over to the projection screen, he gave a little background information about what we were about to watch:

"The Salem Witch Trials occurred in 1692 in Salem, Massachusetts which is a province of the Massachusetts Bay which is on the eastern most colony of the time.  The population was mostly Puritan which is basically a theocratic society which is why they had a difficult time when supposed spirits inhibited their community..." 

I found this extremely hilarious because he kept (unintentionally) saying WITCHES.

Finally, we got a SNOW DAY!
Well... kind of.  See, we got this e-mail:
In my initial excitement I thought it meant we didn't have classes until 2:30 THE NEXT DAY (Wednesday).  So I sent out a mass text saying "NO SKOOL 2MORROW!!" 

I didn't realize my mistake till I started getting angry calls asking me where I got that information.  
Oops... 

2 comments:

  1. So I love your blog and think you should be on the front page of the indiana daily student. I also love you and wish you'd come home and just do your writing in your own bedroom. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill..... this just might be the best blog post ever!

    ReplyDelete