Sunday, April 10, 2011

An Entire Day of Free Fun!

I woke up yesterday morning to a thunderstorm which I decided was an opportune time to get some studying done.  So I walked to the IMU with my umbrella and history homework.

As I was sitting on my favorite study couch, this friendly janitor poked his head out of the conference room down the hall and motioned me to come over.

He was cleaning up after a catered breakfast and told me to help myself to the left overs.  And since I rarely pass up free food when it is offered, we sat down and had ourselves some blueberry muffins and fresh fruit. 

So Lester (my new janitor friend) and I sat at the fancy meeting table and enjoyed an unexpected breakfast feast.  Turns out, Lester is from East Chicago, has twin sisters and twin brothers and was himself born a twin but his brother died of crib death, went to IU in the 70s, and likes to say "get it girl!" and "um humm" (he is black btw.) 

Being as he shared with me, I helped him clean the conference room which was actually really fun.  

Then I went to Collins Fest.  Collins is the dorm where all the hipsters live.  They always have fun events like Nutella Fest, Urban Dictionary Spelling Bees, and Quidditch Tournaments. 

Collins Fest had:

Tie Dyeing and a Moon Bounce

Live music by The Best Friends

Medieval Fencing and Make-Your-Own Chain Mail (?) 



The CUTEST KID ON EARTH enjoying a free snow cone


Inflatable Animals that were thrown around during "Welcome to the Jungle"

An Ice Cream Trough which was really disguising and probably had Salmonella and a bacteria content of 100% floating around in it.


Then I went to see State Radio who was giving a free concert in the parking lot across the street from my dorm! 


You can see the windows of my dorm behind the stage

1 comment:

  1. hahaha I feel like you had more fun with the janitor than at the fest!

    ReplyDelete