Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Public Service Announcement:

Okay, I'm sorry if you're a fan or, God forbid, own a pair of Sketchers Shape-Ups, but let me just get this off my chest:

SKETCHERS SHAPE-UPS ARE BY FAR THE MOST HEINOUSLY AWKWARD STYLE OF FOOTWEAR OF ALL TIME.  OF ALL TIME.

They remind me of Baby Spice's platform sneakers meets old man orthopedic footgear plus Heelys with a touch of velcro light up shoes:

                             
                              
       

And the way the way they market them is even worse.  The, what I like to call, "lean with it, rock with it" advertisement basically explains how to walk.  Hate to break it to you, Sketchers, but I learned how to do that about 19 and a half years ago.  




There is, however, a science to looking retarded and I'll share with you the equation. One part Sketch-Ups, one part being caught outside the home in them.
They also try to market them as an athletic, multi-fitness shoe. The only thing these shoes exercise for me is my level of tolerance as I have a hard time not stopping you Sketch-Ups wearers on the street, ripping them off your feet and finding the nearest garbage truck. Somebody please get ripped from wearing these ridiculous shoes and prove me wrong.




Yours truly,

Jill.

No comments:

Post a Comment